Saturday, September 01, 2012

Let Your Soul Say…

 ..."Ah Yea"

SOOOOOOOOOO-> I'm thinking back to Friday when one of my sorors introduced me to "Ah Yea" sung by Robert Glasper featuring Musiq Soulchild and Chrisette Michele. It was suggested that our other soror have the song played at her wedding. Even if it is not *THE* wedding song, I do hope it is played at some point on December 22nd. *smiles*

Definitely listen to it, if you haven't already. For your convenience, WATCH BELOW:
 

I know the lyrics are in the video, BUT here they are again:


oooooh ah ooh ah ooh ah ha [...2Xs]
oooooh ah

i think beauty's overrated
'ccause that's something anyone can be
attraction now something different
and thankfully you're both to me

Chorus:
'cause i've learned in this life
you gotta be with someone you like
if you think we've got what it takes the distance
i can tell you're now
ah yeah ah yeah ah yeah [...3Xs]
ah yeah ah yeah ah 

[Chrisette Michele]
you're sweet
and you see through me
You let me be free 
i'm woman (i'm woman)
The only one I'll be
The only one you'll ever need
And you're the very same for me

[Chorus] 

things can get so real in love
you gotta know exactly how you feel in love
'cause if you don't
then maybe you might find love
Could be all in your mind

oooooh ah ooh ah ooh ah ha [...until fade]

***


This song is so sweet to me! The music is smooth. The lyrics definitely resonate with my spirit. It speaks of a love that is genuine and pure (SN: the kind of love I hope to properly acknowledge giving and receiving in the very near future…)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home