Saturday, January 21, 2006

Miles Davis

So I’m listening to the Miles CD that my friend gave me last night. When it came to track three and I heard the instrumental song, something clicked in my head. I had heard this song sung before.

I was taken back to 11th grade. I was at jazz in the park with my parents and the band played this song. All the couples got up and danced. It was a slow, tender, rhythmic embrace. I swear, it was a scene straight out of a movie. Sweet nothings were whispered. There were dips and gentle twirls. The female vocalist and the band were on point. The music made my soul tremble. It was so beautiful that I cried. I wished that I could do that with my "prince" and that song came to life for me.

After listening in silence with the song on repeat, I googled the title of the song and fund the lyrics. The hopeless romantic side of me could not be contained. The words are beautiful, BUT the music is GORGEOUS. Everyone should listen, but in the meantime here are the lyrics:

Someday My Prince Will Come
“Someday my prince will come Someday I‘ll find my loveAnd how thrilling that moment will beWhen the prince of my dreams comes to meHe’ll whisper I love youAnd steal a kiss or twoThough he’s far away I’ll find my love somedaySomeday when my dreams come trueSomeday I’ll find my loveSomeone to call my ownAnd I know at the moment we meetmy heart will start skipping the beatsSomeday we’ll say and doThings we’ve been longing toThough he’s far away I’ll find my love somedaySomeday when my dreams come trueSomeday my prince will comeSomeday we’ll meet againAnd away to his castle we’ll goTo be happy forever I knowSomeday when spring is hereWe’ll find our love anewAnd the birds will sing and wedding bells will ringSomeday when my dreams come true”

Yes, some daymy prince will come, someday all of those things will happen, someday when dreams come true.

That’s it!...I need to start saving for a digital piano…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home