Sunday, September 09, 2012

Grateful…


…Grateful, grateful, grateful.

I heard a great sermon that really put everything I've experienced since Fri afternoon in perspective. SN: I'm probably going to write a blog about it later BUT I didn't want to close my laptop without sharing part of my testimony. The stones won't cry out for me [sub-SN: see Luke 19:28-40; a great sermon from http://www.pbv.thunder-bay.on.ca/NetSermons/Luke%2019%2028-40%20Rocks%20Cry%20Out.html]. Quite frankly, they can't praise Him like I can!)

Although there is much that is less than ideal, I have so much to be thankful for. As I was lying in bed, I started to hum this old great hymn of the church:



As I was reflecting on my eventful weekend, there were moments when I felt forsaken. This made me think of Mary Stevenson's "Footprints in the Sand":

“One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints,
is when I carried you."

Copyright © 1984 Mary Stevenson, from original 1936 text, All rights reserved
  
YAY FOR NEVER BEING ALONE! The enemy WON'T steal my joy OR cause me to forget the Lord is with me always!! I'm thankful for a great support network, clarity of mind and the resources to do what must be done. I SERVE A GOOD OF PROVISION (He may not come when I want/how I want BUT He is ALWAYS right on time!!)

Both through and after a 48 hr period of nothing but human disappointments, the Lord exposed me to compassionate words and works. I was pleasantly surprised by  the follow through and genuine care from angels on earth <-LOOK AT GOD :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home