Thursday, November 15, 2012

PLD Understands

Just as I was trying to focus solely on my studies, I got some bad news on the family front yesterday *sigh* 

It's hard to reconcile and manage both my personal and academic identies when a lot is going on in each arena. BUT, I refuse to get bogged down by negative emotions. Gonna wear a brave face and keeping moving forward. All will work out in God's time. 

Although not every word of this poem applies, the essence certain does:
 
WE wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.

Why should the world be over-wise,
In counting all our tears and sighs?
Nay, let them only see us, while
We wear the mask.

We smile, but, O great Christ, our cries
To thee from tortured souls arise.
We sing, but oh the clay is vile
Beneath our feet, and long the mile;
But let the world dream otherwise,
We wear the mask! 

"We Wear the Mask" by Paul Laurence Dunbar (1872-1906)

The devil will neither steal my joy nor distract me from my task. I will meditate on:

Psalm 121
Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
A song for going up to the Temple.


1 I look up to the hills,
but where will my help really come from?
2 My help will come from the Lord,
the Creator of heaven and earth.
3 He will not let you fall.
Your Protector will not fall asleep.
4 Israel’s Protector does not get tired.
He never sleeps.
5 The Lord is your Protector.
The Lord stands by your side, shading and protecting you.
6 The sun cannot harm you during the day,
and the moon cannot harm you at night.
7 The Lord will protect you from every danger.
He will protect your soul.
8 The Lord will protect you as you come and go,[a]
both now and forever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home