Saturday, June 18, 2005

Songs = Feelings

I thought that I would be singing a little bit of Teddy Pendergrass:
“It's so good lovin' somebody
And that somebody loves you back

To be loved and be loved in return
It's the only thing that my heart desires
Just appreciate the little things I do
Oh, you're the one who's got me inspired
Keep on liftin', liftin' me higher
So good lovin' somebody
And that somebody loves you back and that's a fact
It's so good needin' somebody
And that somebody needs you back
Said not 70/30
Not 60/40
Talkin' 'bout a 50/50 love”

But instead I’m singing a little bit of Alicia Keys:
“Friends we've been for so long
Now true colors are showing
Makes me wanna cry oh yes it does
Cuz I had to say goodbye
You cannot hide the way you feel inside I realize
Your actions speak much louder than words
So tell me why oh
By now I should know
That in time things would change
So it shouldn't be so bad
So why do I feel so sad”

I know why I feel the way I do. Lauryn Hill is helping me to understand:
“It could all be so simple
But you'd rather make it hard
Loving you is like a battle
And we both end up with scars

Tell me, who I have to be
To get some reciprocity
No matter how I think we grow
You always seem to let me know
It ain't workin'
It ain't workin'

I keep letting you back in
How can I explain myself
As painful as this thing has been
I just can't be with no one else
See I know what we got to do
You let go and I'll let go too
'Cause no one's hurt me more than you
And no one ever will”

It hurts so bad. Although I am sad, I am empowered by the Lord. I thank God that I have a relationship with Him. He is the calm in my storm. I have faith in him. I know that he would not put more on me than I can bear. I know that I can make it. The bible is great:

“I can do all things through God who strengthens me.” Phillipians 4:13
“Weeping may endure for the night, joy does come in the morning.” Psalm 30:5

May the Lord help me through this night, I am looking for the glorious morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home