Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Psalm 6

The healing process has begun.

A Prayer of Faith in Time of Distress

2Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I am weak*; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are troubled. 3My soul also is greatly troubled; But You, O LORD--how long? 4Return, O LORD, deliver me! Oh, save me for Your mercies' sake! 6I am weary with my groaning; All night I make my bed swim; I drench my couch with my tears. 7My eye wastes away because of grief; It grows old because of all my enemies*. 8Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity*; For the LORD has heard the voice of my weeping. 9The LORD has heard my supplication; The LORD will receive my prayer. 10Let all my enemies be ashamed and greatly troubled; Let them turn back and be ashamed suddenly.


*Weak=although I am saddened by the lost of my first love. All hope is not gone. My spiritual strength is flexing its muscle as my physical and emotional strength get a workout. I am strong in spirit through faith.


*Enemies/Workers of Iniquity= these are not references to my ex-boyfriend. He is not the enemy or a worker of iniquity. He is some unnamed gray space between a friend and a lover. Our breakup is not the enemy or a worker of iniquity. The outcome is hard to deal with at times. But this is truly a merciful act of God. What is the enemy or a worker of iniquity? You just have to ask to find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home